Wednesday 22 April 2015

26.2 Reasons I am running the Virgin London Marathon 2015...

Every year 1000's of people cross the finish line on the Mall after running/jogging/walking 26.2 miles of the streets of London..

Every year I feel inspired by these people who put mind, body and spirit into completing this challenge.

This is the year I finally get to challenge myself, to complete 26.2 miles.  But why you ask? Why would anybody want to put their mind and body through that? Here are my reasons...

1. For my baby cousin Ciddy.

So he can be proud of me when he is old enough to understand, and so he knows how much he is loved.xx

2. For a sense of achievement 

It will be the biggest achievement for me, to date. I have never tried to push myself in this way before for anything and I will be wearing that medal round my neck with pride for all eternity.

3. For my parents

So my parents can see how much I have grown as a person and so they can be proud of me as I am of them. I love you both.xx

4. For self development

Because what is life if we don't try to challenge ourselves constantly?

5. To learn 

So I can learn things about myself that I would never have known if I didn't try. So I can learn my boundaries, I can learn my strengths and weaknesses and improve on these during the rest of my life.




















6. For my friends 

I love to feel proud of my friends, I love to see them achieve things that they have dreamed of. And I only hope they feel the same way of me. I love you girls.xx

7. For Tommy's the baby charity 

And for other babies like Ciddy, for families who may not be as lucky to take their baby home and make them smile everyday. I am raising money for a charity that funds research into Miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth to one day stop the heartbreak of losing a child.

8. For Stacey 

A family friend who was sadly taken from us too soon, she gave life 100% and I have no doubt that she would have given this challenge 100% if she were faced with it - you inspire me every single day to pursue my dreams and I will be watching the sky when I cross the finish line and I know you will be there.

9. For life 

To celebrate living, to celebrate my health and abilities. So often we take for granted that we live and breathe when others never had the chance.

10. For the party

Because everyone deserves to party after running 26.2 right?  Pass me the bottle!!

11. For the person who broke my heart 

I can live an amazing life alone, I can grow as a person without somebody by my side. I accept what happened and I have no bitterness. I can achieve greatness alone. I am happier alone and I thank you with every ounce of my body for breaking my heart, without that I would never have been able to push myself through this. Attempting to live through the hardest thing I think I have ever been faced with - if I survived that, I can do this, I can do anything!!

12. For my health 

Because in November 2014 I couldn't run 0.2 miles without quitting. Now 3 miles doesn't feel enough, I always feel that I can go further.

13. For 2015 

Because 2015 has been the best year of my life so far, with so many other great things that why not add a great achievement in as well??

14. To feel my worth

To see how many people have supported me through this journey is such a huge feeling. From a £5 donation to a text of support, I thank every single person who has shown support through this. Anyone who can run a marathon without any support from friends and family must be invincible. Having somebody believe in you can push you such a long way.

15. To inspire 

If I inspire one person to get on their running shoes and get out for 10 minutes, I will be a very happy person. Running doesn't have to be a chore, it is very enjoyable once you learn how to enjoy it.

16. For everyone who ever doubted me 

I never saw myself as competitive, but when someone gives that look of disapproval, or 'how are YOU going to do that?' It makes me angry, everyone has the right to try. Everyone has different goals, abilities and boundaries in life. Its finding your own that is the way to live. I CAN DO THIS.

17. To be part of 0.72% 

Only 0.72% of the UK population can say they have completed a Marathon. Thats pretty impressive if you ask me!!

18. Because 'Can't' isn't an option 

The amount of people that have said to me 'I would never be able to do that' YES YOU CAN. If you put your mind towards it, anything is possible. I knew one day I would complete a marathon. I knew it would be tough, but there was never an option of 'can't'.

19. Because five and a half hours... 

When I first signed up to run the London Marathon, I just wanted to complete it. I had no idea how long it would take me. 6 hours was my limit, yes it's not fast but it's still completing it. And as my training has gone on and I have gone from strength to strength, I want to finish before 5:30 - 5:15 hours and five and a half hours out of my whole life, is NOTHING.

20. For the people that dream of walking.. 

So many people in the world can't walk, let alone run 26.2 miles. But those people, the ones that never complain, the ones that take life by the horns and carry out every task to 100%. I'm running for them people. The people that would do anything to be able to use their legs.

21. For the tears

Because I am going to cry. I am going to cry in pain when I feel like I can't take one more step, I am going to cry with absolute relief and happiness when I step over that finish line.

22. For the stories 

In 20 years time when I am laughing about all of the silly things I cried about THAT day.

23. For pleasure? 

What is pleasure if we don't experience pain? There is a theory that we cannot experience one without the other, which I strongly agree with. If we don't experience pain how are we supposed to know what pleasure feels like? And there is no better feeling that being on top of the world.






















24. For the Calories 

The calories don't count after running 26.2 miles do they??? Do they?? Try and tell me I can't eat that burger and fries when i've finished.... Go on, I Dare You.

25. For the Buzz

When I was a teenager I volunteered and handed out water bottles at the London Marathon, Mile 25 when the runners were purely exhausted, but something carried them through.
Everyone has their own reasons for carrying on, but even though they were in so much pain, they were so exhausted, they carried on and they were buzzing, smiling, crying - just happy to be there. I want to be one of those people, thinking about each one of my reasons for every mile I cross.

26. For The Medal.... 

Because I love hanging random stuff from the walls in my bedroom and wouldn't it be nice to add a London Marathon 2015 Medal to my wall...?


.2    For the crazies... 

Because I think I am crazy, and I found a new love of life, I fell in love with living and how better to feel alive than to run 26.2 miles...???





If you would like to read more about why I chose to run for Tommy's please visit the link below and you can also donate to an amazing cause and support me in running 26.2 miles on Sunday.. you can follow the link below or text CIDR57 £5 70070

www.virginmoneygiving.com/amyrunsforciddy 


Thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout this journey - you are all AMAZING.


xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment